sábado, janeiro 20, 2007

A Tribute to Friendship



This gorgeous New England estate was, until recently, the home of friends. Loved and close friends.
For a fellow-man like me, difficult to swallow - then lonely most of the time - this long time friendship (is turning 39 years old this January) is a milestone. And it has been lived and shared over the time in the three of the five continents of the Earth. Their two lovely and intelligent daughters became my friends too.

In 1970, I got a small book from this friend: “You’re my friend so I brought you this book”, edited and introduced by John Marvin.

Excerpts from this book – my favorites – are my way to celebrate friendship. This friendship and true friendship among people, no matter of what kind…

Enjoy and share with your friends…



What is a friend? A single soul which dwells in two bodies.
Aristotle

I am wealthy in my friends.
Shakespeare

True friendship is a plant of slow growth.
George Washington

Must I travel all the world alone, or will you be my friend?
Christopher Flovio

Don’t talk of friendship, send roses.
Karl Enohpelet

Let the soul be assured that somewhere in the universe, it should rejoin its friend..
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Beware of the friend who has all of the answers but none of the questions.
Voltaire

I do not give lectures or a little charity. When I give, I give myself.
Walt Whitman

People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.
Joseph Newton

That son of bitch summer is coming and I need a friend.
Bevins Jay

Quarrel with a friend – and you both are wrong.
Lao-tse

If I cannot be your friend, I suppose I will have to content myself with being your lover.
Rod Macuen

A prudent enemy is preferable to a friend without discretion.
Jean de La Fontaine

Laughter is not a bad beginning for friendship, and it is the best ending for one.
Oscar Wilde

He who gives up a friendship for ambition burns a picture to obtain the ashes.
Arabic Proverb

Friendship is not made by a crisis – it is only revealed by it.
Mark Adams

A friend is a present you give yourself.
Robert Louis Stevenson

He is my friend and he is me.
Abraham Lincoln

My friends are few, but altogether sufficient.
Winston Churchill

If I had one friend, I had a million – but that was 1953.
Jack Kerouac

I love you. Please don’t let that stand in the way of our friendship.
Roy Fitzgerald

War is killing off the friendship of man for man.
Thomas Middleton

The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.
Aristotle

It is a fine friendship that asks nothing and gets it.
Benson Drew

I like your dog, but I am not sure that will help us to be friends.
Tyrone Power

I get by with a little help from my friends.
John Lennon / Paul McCartney

Friendship? Yes, please.
Charles Dickens


Photo by Freeman

Nenhum comentário: